Visitors

Elder & Sister Smith

Elder & Sister Smith
Elder Casper With Elder & Sister Smith (July 2015-July 2018)

Address

New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Ste 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583


Follow Blog by Email. Enter your email below and once you get an email from blog asking you to confirm your email, then respond to confirm your email. You will get an email every time the blog is updated, about once a week.

Elder Domenick Casper

Elder Domenick Casper
Elder Casper With Elder & Sister Morgan (July 2012-July 2015)

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

In New York City Harlem New York

Hello family, So to answer your questions, the flight was good and long, I love that feeling of taking off and landing. I haven't been to the apartment but what I have heard about it, it will be pretty nice. P-day's are Wednesday's so that will be the day I will write to you, and will do anything I need to do. The package is here, we get mail on P-day's so anything you send will get to me Wednesday's other than letters and stuff! I am good on stuff you need to send. 

 So my first area on my mission is Harlem 1st ward in Central Manhattan! 
So I am going to go through my day yesterday and today. So on Monday night we were all packing till like 11pm at night, just to make sure we had everything, then we went to bed and woke up at 1:45 because we wanted to shower for like 20 minutes one last time before we entered the field. At about 3:30am we went to the travel office so we could get everything ready so we wouldn't be late. I guess I was the travel leader so that was a shock, but we got on the bus and fell asleep a lot of the trip, because they turned the lights out because they knew that we would be tired, we were all very tired. We then got checked in and went through security and that's when I called you. Got on the plane, and woke up 2 hours later to find that we had like 45 minutes until we arrived in Detroit. 1 hour later we got on the plane to White Plains New York, and it was one of those small planes, not a big gigantic one like we were on before. Got there and meet the president and his wife, they got a lot of pictures with us and we then talked a bit and went to the cars to be taken to the Mission Home.

The mission home was nice, it was built in the 1900's and in 1996 it was made a mission home and was completely re-done. After we got settled in, we had interviews with the president and talked a bit. After all the interviews we had a big Thanksgiving dinner and talked and had fun. It was truly amazing, I love food, so that was just awesome for them to do. Had a testimony meeting afterwards, and went to bed like at 9:30pm! That was the most sleep I have ever got up to this point, I really needed it too! This morning we woke up, got ready, had AUTHENTIC New York bagels. They are better than the bagels we have at home, by far. We got our money cards and insurance card thingy ha. Then we came to this building in White Plains, I think? That's when I met my companion, Elder Wallace, so he will be my Trainer! We talked a bit and got some bodegas and yeah.

I am so excited to be here in New York and I can't wait to get out there and start teaching! It has been raining and snowing all day here, I guess it is the first snowfall of Fall, pretty crazy! I can't wait to teach and feel that spirit that I love to feel, I am actually teaching a couple lessons tonight, which my companion will let me teach like 75% of it, so this will be fun!

Love,
Elder Casper




No comments:

Post a Comment