Visitors

Elder & Sister Smith

Elder & Sister Smith
Elder Casper With Elder & Sister Smith (July 2015-July 2018)

Address

New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Ste 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583


Follow Blog by Email. Enter your email below and once you get an email from blog asking you to confirm your email, then respond to confirm your email. You will get an email every time the blog is updated, about once a week.

Elder Domenick Casper

Elder Domenick Casper
Elder Casper With Elder & Sister Morgan (July 2012-July 2015)

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

New York Thanksgiving


My thanksgiving was good! We went to the Pabones and had a slightly mexican dinner, with potato salad, turkey, pork, salad, rice with beans in it, and canolis! And a huge Canoli cake, like seriously huge... ha and honestly quite delicious! Quiet days are always good! I haven't had a chance to buy gloves and boots yet, I haven't had to yet. I'm glad to hear California is finally getting some rain, it is like way to dry. It hasn't been too cold here, just like 32 degree's if anything. It was snowing, but more like sleeting (Raining and snowing). Elder Wallace is awesome, I will get a picture to you sometime, and our sweet apartment! Our apartment is probably the best apartment in the city! We have a washer and dryer in it, so laundry all the time! Teaching has been going great, the spirit has definitely been there. New York is amazing, I cannot express how amazing it is! 

Last Thursday was pretty fun because of all the tracting we do, we mostly tract in Project buildings, you remember those right? The building that were made by the government, yeah well there are like cockroaches all in those, pee everywhere, and its straight up nasty! We have given a blessing to a recent convert who after we taught her she felt like she was going to die right then and there, so that was interesting. She is really nice, she got a skin graft for her neck. Our District leader served in Stamford Connecticut, and he knows someone I went to college with! It was fun talking to him about that. 

Something that my companion has told me is that he thinks I will be a Zone leader for my 3rd transfer, that's what he prophesies, they do this thing where he shoots a hoop and if he makes it then it is true, so far all the other things he guessed have been wrong so hopefully this is too. I wouldn't want to be a Zone leader just yet! We went around tracting people that were interested a little, that have been contacted by some missionaries, we found this guy who when we went in he already knew what we were teaching was true. We think that he will be for sure baptized! Sunday was amazing, Our bishop is like 30 years old, his counselors are older than he is, there names are Bishop Kelly, Brother Rane, and Brother Day. Brother Rane is actually a famous painter so we are having dinner with them tonight, and he gives every elder that comes to dinner the pictures he paints! So I will probably send those home, so I don't ruin them. It is a lot different waking up on a Sunday on a mission than back home. You still wake up at 6:30, and study and do stuff, but then you have meetings and then church, then visiting members and investigators. Missions are really hard work but they are amazing, so much blessings come out of them, you forget the bad things but remember the really amazing times. 

So Justin talked to me and told me that they called street contacting "fearlessing" because you have to be fearless in order to talk to people in New York! We have been getting pretty lucky with talking to people recently. People are starting to ask us questions, and wondering what we are about in a sense. Someone though I was a Salvation army person today, that was pretty cool, but yesterday this guy told us he saw us a lot and wanted to know what we do, we explained and gave him pass along card. Everything is awesome here! people are really weird, people seem to always be peeing in public, like seriously dude? And in the elevators and stairs... Just always use hand sanitizer, like always. It is so gross, I have always underestimated soap but now I love it! I will have my first splits tomorrow night to Friday night!

You need to check out the "He is a Gift" Church Video, it just came out, you might have seen it in the Ensign, it is a big deal! Tell everyone you know about it. It is a video basically saying that this Christmas season we need to remember Christ and all that he has done for us! So check that out right now! Share it with everyone, on facebook, through texts, at school! Help it become known! Talk to you next week! Pictures will come sometime soon!

Love,
Elder Casper
 PS
Also the mission home address is my address! So if you want to send packages post that to facebook, in 12 weeks I will be able to use my facebook for proselyting! Just to let you know! Also Elder Wallace's family sent him a christmas present, also one for me. It is one of those countdowns to christmas! Alec's mom also is sending me a package!






No comments:

Post a Comment