Visitors

Elder & Sister Smith

Elder & Sister Smith
Elder Casper With Elder & Sister Smith (July 2015-July 2018)

Address

New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Ste 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583


Follow Blog by Email. Enter your email below and once you get an email from blog asking you to confirm your email, then respond to confirm your email. You will get an email every time the blog is updated, about once a week.

Elder Domenick Casper

Elder Domenick Casper
Elder Casper With Elder & Sister Morgan (July 2012-July 2015)

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Alma Academy, Stake Conference and Baptism

Hello to everyone! This week has been crazy fun!

So while we were planning on Thursday the Zone leaders come into the
room we were planning in. They tell us that we are going to the city
this Saturday for Alma Academy which is a day in the life of a
missionary. The youth from this stake got to go on splits with us down
near the temple. So on Saturday we woke up at 4, drove to Stamford at
5 and got to the Stamford chapel at 6. We were driven to Manhattan by
the office elders and it was such a great ride. We did some street
contacting with a 16 year old youth and we gave some copies of the
Book of Mormon. It was a good experience for me, I realized that I
need to talk more and open my mouth to everyone. It was such a great
experience and I felt the spirit guiding my words to everyone I opened
my mouth to. I was definitely blessed to be a part of that and
Heavenly Father wanted me to have that experience. I sweated so much,
and we had to wear our suits and it was a pretty hot but luckily
windy. We also met so many members while doing the Book of Mormon approach.
We have this huge piece of plywood with Book of Mormon written on it,
so people got pictures with it. I got pictures with it, so I will send
that.

We had stake conference this weekend, and the adult session was
amazing and so spiritual. It was one of the last times president
Morgan would speak as a mission president. Our stake president and
area 70 spoke. I love stake conference so much, and I took so many
notes and it made me want to be better and to have faith. I am so
happy I am a missionary and that I am apart of this mission. Sunday is
where the miracle happened, we were doing our companionship study and
we get a phone call from some guy from Utah. The guy tells us that
they are working with someone over there who wants to be baptized and
he is moving to Bethel Connecticut. So that is our area, and yesterday
they met with this guy on a split and they extended a baptismal date
of June 27th, and it turns out he wants to be baptized on the 20th. So
we have a baptism on the 20th and I am super excited. We meet with him
tonight and introduce him to members and figure out what we need to
teach him. He has been investigating the church for a while and he is
super ready to be baptized. We think he has already been taught
everything but we are excited! My first Baptism on the mission! It's
not often that people fall out of heaven and want to be baptized! I
love it so much and I'm so excited.

We have been giving out a lot of copies of the Book of Mormon. This
area is starting to see progress, we are hoping we have some more
people to teach. We have been tracking so much, and it's great.. Oh
and there are 2 more weeks left of this transfer so that is crazy!

We had a split yesterday, I went with Elder Hofheins to his area. I
got to be in the Spanish program for a day and teach people and be
part of that. Elder Hofheins told me that he looks up to Elder Ross
and I because he knows we hit it hard and tract our brains out. That
made me feel good but I look up to him a lot. Anyways it was good, we
got hit with a huge rain storm where there was so much water coming
down we couldn't even see. Even with our windshield wipers on full.

Anyways that's about it for this week, I love all of you so much and
sorry this email is random and yeah. I can't remember much to that
happened haha, love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment