Visitors

Elder & Sister Smith

Elder & Sister Smith
Elder Casper With Elder & Sister Smith (July 2015-July 2018)

Address

New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Ste 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583


Follow Blog by Email. Enter your email below and once you get an email from blog asking you to confirm your email, then respond to confirm your email. You will get an email every time the blog is updated, about once a week.

Elder Domenick Casper

Elder Domenick Casper
Elder Casper With Elder & Sister Morgan (July 2012-July 2015)

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

General Conference and Miracles

Hello everyone, this week has been pretty crazy with a new companion
and all. This last Wednesday was crazy with getting home from
transfers and writing family that we had to finish our shopping and
that was the end of it.
 
So I'm taking over the area, because my companion is new here so
planning was a bit difficult but I managed getting good plans and
goals with Elder Neuerburg. We made a VGPA, which is our vision for
this area, goals, plans and accountability. It really helps us do good
and be better hard working missionaries.
 
My Birthday was very fun, it was our most jam packed day of teaching
last week. Came back from the gym and our door was decorated with
balloons and a Happy Birthday sign, with a card from the sisters in
our district. We had a good time teaching and some missionaries in
this zone threw me a small birthday party with 2 pies. We walked into
the Danbury building and we walked into the back and the room light
was off but there was like a fire flicker, I was wondering what that
was exactly. Walked into the room with a surprise "Happy Birthday
Elder Casper!" I was so happy, and suspected it was that. I love the
missionaries in our Zone, and they are super amazing. A member was
going to take us out but he was tired from a flight home so he left
$40 in the door for us to go get food. We got Burger King. Haha but it
was close and I wanted to teach more children of God. So we ate then
went to a members and shared the Because he Lives video. It was a good
day.
 
I love general conference, and all the talks were great! Those two
days flew by and then we were back to normal missionary work. So much
revelation that comes from the prophet and the apostles. Jeffrey R.
Holland was my favorite but Elder Pearson of the 70 had a good talk.
Watching general conference as a missionary is different than back
home. I was paying so much attention and every time they talked about
missionaries I was like "I'm one of those missionaries!" It was really
fun and I felt the Spirit so strongly.
 
The Willis's had us over for Easter Breakfast and we had an Easter Egg
Hunt, I found the Golden Egg!
 
Now getting to the Miracles, During Personal Study I read in Preach my
Gospel about how to recognize promptings from the Spirit as
promptings. I have been feeling like we are having no success and I
feel like I wasn't getting promptings to do things. And while reading
that section I had the thought that I need to go Tracting. Something
President Morgan has said over and over, there is no way to show
Heavenly Father that you want it more, than by tracting. Tracting is
the most difficult part of missionary work, but doing that shows
Heavenly Father that you are ready for blessings. So Elder Neuerburg
and I made the goal that we would tract at least one door a day, and
if we have time do more. So we prayed and started tracting. The first
door we knocked on, this lady answered and she asked if we come back
another day. So we will be stopping by soon. A couple houses down we
gave a Book of Mormon to this guy. We have seen a lot of blessings in
the past couple days.
 
Yesterday we tracted in the morning, 4th door this girl comes out and
watches the video and we talk a lot about Christ, and gave her a Book
of Mormon and she was interested. Going to send the sisters over to
see her. President doesn't want us teaching girls, that is a rule he
has, and a good one to have. We got a media referral for this guy and
we decided to go hit him up at night. We get to the door and all we
heard was yelling and screaming and everything. We were thinking about
coming back later. We decided to knock, we hear this lady yelling "who
is it?" And we didn't say anything. The door swings open and we tell
her "Hi we are missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter
Day Saints, we got a message saying that Elliot wanted a Bible." She
yells to Elliot "Elliot the Jehovah's are here!" We correct her "no we
are Mormons" and she says "oh, come on in" so we went in and gave the
bible to them, Elliot didn't remember asking for a bible, even though
it was the same day we got the referral. She was telling us that she
was "church shopping and wishes there was more churches than just
Protestant and Catholic Churches". We told her that "We have a church
in Newtown". She was way excited and we were teaching them a little
bit about what we do. She was interested, she said "how can I do this
thing?" And we were confused and responded "what?". She says "how do I
learn more, do I sign a paper or anything" and we just told her how we
will teach them. Gave the Book of Mormon on the way out. Set up an
appointment for Thursday. They already said they would be baptized and
were way excited to read the Book of Mormon, she wanted to study it
all day. 2 days into doing the work we have already been blessed
immensely. The people in this area are so ready to hear what we have
to say, their hearts have been softened. 3 new investigators in 1 day.
We were so excited we were going to call President Morgan to tell him
about that cool experience we had.
 
I love this work and I really love being a missionary. I really
encourage you all to read Alma Chapters 37-42 because I have been
reading these chapters and have been able to do a lot of amazing
things. I invite you all to read from the Book of Mormon and pray
about it. Gain that testimony in this book of holy scripture that
testifies of Jesus Christ. Build your faith with a foundation of
Christ. I truly believe that this is the True Church, President Thomas
S. Monson is a prophet of God. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I
love you all and hope you have a great week.
 
Love,

Elder Domenick Casper

Dad,

My Birthday was really fun, some of the missionaries in my zone decided to throw me a little party with pie, I'll talk about that more in my weekly email. Being 20 doesn't feel that different, I'm still a missionary. We taught a crazy amount of lessons that day. Oh also thanks for the Tie, I wore it on my birthday! 

I did see conference, and I went to the priesthood session. My favorite talk was by Jeffrey R. Holland and elder Pearson of the 70. 

Easter was fun, thanks for the Candy. I'm back on the Meal plan though and lost 4 pounds already. 

My new Companion is tight, we go hard and do a lot to show the Lord we are ready for Blessings. We have gotten 3 new investigators in the past 3 days, the work is starting to go. 

Tell Brandi Congratulations for getting into BYU-Idaho, it is truly an amazing school! That is cool about the Winter/Spring track! She should go to Sunrise Village, I love those apartments! 

Thanks for sharing your mission experience, that really brings me a lot of Joy. I love hearing missionary experiences.

Love you,
Elder Domenick Casper







No comments:

Post a Comment