Visitors

Elder & Sister Smith

Elder & Sister Smith
Elder Casper With Elder & Sister Smith (July 2015-July 2018)

Address

New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Ste 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583


Follow Blog by Email. Enter your email below and once you get an email from blog asking you to confirm your email, then respond to confirm your email. You will get an email every time the blog is updated, about once a week.

Elder Domenick Casper

Elder Domenick Casper
Elder Casper With Elder & Sister Morgan (July 2012-July 2015)

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

July Went Fast

Hello dearest family and friends!

So as you can tell by the title of this email, I have no idea where
the month of July went, I've been searching for it but I'm still on
the look out. July has gone by quick and we have seen so many miracles
this last week and I do know if I'll be able to remember everything
that happened but I'll try my hardest!

On Thursday we went to this guys office who used to be in contact with
the missionaries, he always loves having us come help him to service
and he was glad when we stopped by to see him! We have some cool
service opportunities up ahead so that will be fun. We saw a recent
convert named John and he is super cool and solid and we just teach
him simple lessons to bring him closer to Christ. We then stopped by a
less active who has been less active for 7 years but he wants to come
to church again. He has had some hard times, and he knows the gospel
probably better than I do but he is such a great man. We were teaching
him and he was like "you guys don't need to try to convert me, I'm
already a member". He continues to follow the mormon life-style even
though he hasn't been to church in a while. Finished our night with
tracting, always a good time filler!

Friday we tracted and we were walking down this street going door to
door and this guy in his car calls us over and tells us that he
usually talks with us and he really thinks what we do makes a
difference and he wishes everyone would do what we do, then the world
would be a better place. And it's true, just that influence of good
can make a big difference. We taught an atheist guy and he wasn't
interested but we did find this girl who was interested and she said
that we could come back so we gave her info to the sisters. Story
time.. We were walking down the street and we saw this old couple
walking towards us, so I say "Hey you having a good day?" He responds
with "Jehovah's or Mormons?" And Elder Smith and I respond with
"Mormons" in unison. He then proceeds to put his hand in a high five
position and I high five him! It turns out he must like Mormons over
Jehovah's. I think most people like us more. Anyways that was pretty
cool. We taught an online Facebook lesson with one of Elder Smiths old
investigators and it went pretty well, he is going to get baptized in
Ecuador. We also had a happiness group thing with one of our
investigators and I drank a Jamaican ginger ale and there was a strong
ginger taste, and we had a great time talking about what makes us
happy.. The Gospel of Jesus Christ of course!

Saturday we had a cool miracle! In the morning we had a bake sale with
a member who cooks super delicious cookies and delicious treats. We
helped her out and shared a thought about feasting on the words of
Christ. We thought that would be perfect for a chef aha. We also got
to see president and sister smith outside the church building and they
talked to us for about 5 minutes. We went to look up an investigator
but we decided to tract. We ended up knocking 2 doors and in the
driveway of the second one there was a guy getting out of his car so
after a bit of hesitation we went and talked to him. He told us to
come to his porch so we could share the because he lives video with
him and then he told us to just come inside. We shared the video and
shared the whole restoration with him. He had a bunch of questions for
us and he then offered us water and then a ham sandwich! He fed us and
he was a cool guy. His name is Troy, he may not want us to come back
but one day he will want the missionaries to come over to his house.
It was a good way to end the night.

Sunday I extended my first baptismal date to one of our investigators
named Esmand. He said yes to it! September 12th! And church was great
and we had such a cool day. This last week we taught 33 lessons which
is the most I've ever taught on my whole mission. 25 other lessons, 7
member lessons and 1 member present. So crazy. I've seen so many
miracles and I love this work.

Monday we had a sweet district meeting and Elder Smith and I weren't
feeling the greatest so that was a slower day. Sister Checketts is in
my zone, and she is the sister training leader. She sat in on our
district meeting and after the district meeting she told me that she
can see a difference in me from our Last zone. That made me feel super
good and it was kind of an answer to a prayer. I've been feeling like
I haven't been changing and that I'm the same guy I was when I first
came out but it turns out I am changing. I'm grateful for that
comment!

Tuesday was so awesome, we taught like 6 member present lessons. We
had a lesson with an investigator in the morning at a members house,
we then had service. We had a member come with us to 2 lessons and he
was so happy and was bearing his testimony. It was John the recent
convert. We had another recent convert who was baptized in June. He
came tracting with us and it was so cool to see him talk to people and
bear his testimony to everyone we talked to and it turns out people
want to hear stuff when he talks to them but when it's only us they
hide from us.  We had a wonderful day and the hand of the lord has
been in our so much and we are so blessed. We have been so wiped out
and dead tired every night but that's been a blessing to be able to
sleep quickly.

I have such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know it's true
and the more you read it the stronger your testimony will be come. If
you are going through a rough time, the best place to turn is the
scriptures and your Heavenly Father. The scriptures will answer
questions to prayer and I promise you that you will receive an answer
as you continue in faith. I know this church is true and I know that
we have a prophet who leads and guides this church. And Christ is at
the top of it all, speaking to our prophet. I love what I'm doing.
Talk to you later! Love you!

Elder Casper

Mom-
Hi! That's good that this week has been crazy busy! I'm glad you guys have had things to do.  There is this sister in my zone named Sister Terry and she lived in Sunrise Village Fall of last year. She was way excited when she knew I lived there and she says after our mission we will hang out at college.. Anyways that was pretty cool I guess. 

California is going to like be discontinued as a state or something and break off of America. California needs water.. Like bad. 

I love my mission and I'm having such a fun time here and I love what I am doing.. Yesterday was a pretty cool day. I haven't gotten any physical mail from anyone in the longest time. I feel like missions are like that. Everyone remembers you when you first go out and then you are out for a while and everyone forgets about you until you are about to come home.. Anyways thought I'd throw that out there. I love you mom and you have been such a great example to me and I've learned so much from you. I hope your week is great! Love you!


Don't worry I'm not actually getting my nails done, we thought we would take a picture in front of this place in the galleria mall in white plains!





No comments:

Post a Comment