Visitors

Elder & Sister Smith

Elder & Sister Smith
Elder Casper With Elder & Sister Smith (July 2015-July 2018)

Address

New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Ste 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583


Follow Blog by Email. Enter your email below and once you get an email from blog asking you to confirm your email, then respond to confirm your email. You will get an email every time the blog is updated, about once a week.

Elder Domenick Casper

Elder Domenick Casper
Elder Casper With Elder & Sister Morgan (July 2012-July 2015)

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Transfers and District Leader Responsibility

Hello family!

As you can see by the title I am the District Leader now. Yeah so we
got a phone call on Saturday night which caught me by surprise. One of
the APs called and asked if would be a district leader, and of course
I said yes, I know the lord wants me to be one. Elder Smith is going
to South Manhattan to be a Zone Leader. President called him and asked
him to be a ZL. He was so shocked. I was super shocked when I was
called to DL. I'm not ready but clearly the Lord thinks so. I'm
getting Elder Robert Kuo, he is from West Covina California. He is
serving in my district right now and he is just moving areas. It's
weird to think but that's what President wants him. He told me at
church why he is putting him with me. President told me that I need to
help Elder Kuo get a fire started for the work. It was a cool
experience.

This week has went by pretty quick and it's a huge blur.. But I'll try
my best to write as much as possible.

We did a lot of work on Thursday and we found people and taught
people. Even though it's our planning day, we just did work and taught
people. It rained hardcore. We found people and we ended the night
with planning.

Friday was sweet, we had a District Leader training from our Zone
leaders and who knew that would be pretty useful. It was great and I
felt the spirit. We tracked for a bit and found this guy who thinks
all scripture is from Aliens. He thinks that Joseph smith saw an alien
who directed him to the plates. It was fun to testify to him. We had a
dinner with a member family and they are amazing and they have the
cutest kids. The kids are all so cool and fun. Dinner was great. We
finished our planning and that was it.

Saturday we helped a member with a charity thing for a domestic
violence shelter. We went to target and helped her and we had five
guys. That was delicious! I had a junior bacon burger because
everything is so expensive there! We then went home to grab Elder
Smiths name tag (he forgot it) and then we went to her house to help
her pack everything up with the sisters. We tracked for the rest of
the night and yeah it was pretty great!

Sunday was good, we had 2 investigators show up to church, one is Luke
and the other is Edgardo. We are teaching Edgardo again and that's
really exciting! Luke has been good to. He thinks he is a prophet and
we clear it up but he always says he is.. Anyways. Church was great,
President taught Luke with us and he went hard on Luke and Luke really
enjoyed it. Tracting again and we found some people.

Monday was the last district meeting of Elder Smith and the spirit was
there and it was such a good feeling and we all talked and shared our
thoughts. We took a zone picture, and had a "funeral" for the
returning missionaries. I'm going to miss the people in this zone. We
had Taco Bell afterwards and then we tracted with a recent convert and
had dinner with Edgardo at a pizza place with Cauliflower pizza and a
philly cheese steak pizza. So delicious! Elder Smith packed the rest
of the night.

Tuesday was a chill day, Elder Smith packed and we taught a few people
and said goodbyes. I am pretty excited to be District Leader, I'm also
very scared but I know that I will be fine. Whom the lord calls, he
qualifies. I'll be good and it's a blessing to be able to be in a
leadership position.  I know that as I continue strong in this gospel,
read the scriptures, pray and go to church I will be blessed. I know
this is the true church and I know that Christ will help me as I
strive to be the best I can. I love you all and I hope you have the
best week and I'll talk to you next week!

This is our lovely zone!

Dad,

It's good though that you have been working late, at least you have
work right? How is the yard doing? It seems like you're working a lot
and doing things you need to do.

Oh the Casper reunion! I loved those things! Who is all going? It
sounds like it will be fun! He says he might be going to NYC this
month as well. That would be super cool again! I can't believe Brandi
is going to stay in the Willows.. I love Sunrise Village way more and
I will definitely go back there after my mission. It is nicer but the
girls there have a bad reputation when I was there.. I always stayed
away from that place.

Church sounds like it was fun!

Work has been going great! We have seen a lot of Success in finding
people, we have a lot of Potentials to go look up and hopefully teach.
Everything is great! We don't do Zone Blitz but we do Zone APFs (Area
Proselyting Focus). It's where we all will focus on a companionships
area. A ward mission plan is good and I hope that you see success over
there and find new people to reach.

We do a lot of different types of APFs and it just depends. We have a
limit on how many times we can do it. This area is so ripe and ready
to be harvested.

We do a lot of different things and it all depends on if an area needs
it, but if none of our areas need it, it's kind of pointless and we
just tract more than anything.

Esmand dropped us for a couple weeks so that baptism isn't happening.
He is kind of not all there but he said come back so we will. We have
this guy named Luke who is slightly progressing and we are working
with him a lot. We also have Edgardo back, we dropped him for a while
but now we are teaching him again. Everything is great!

Thanks for emailing me dad, I felt like it's been awhile since I have
heard from you and I know you're busy. I love you! Transfers is today
and I'll talk about what is happening after transfers is over. You'll
get my email then!  thanks for everything!

Elder Casper






No comments:

Post a Comment